An educational learning experience! Come experience STEAM education with us or allow us to bring it to you.
Classroom Curriculum Units Grades 5-8
14 units aligned to the NC Essential Science Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
For elementary and middle school classrooms. Our cross-curriculum integrates engineering and science literacy with current science topics you already teach. Fun, engaging, engineering challenges boost student interest in science. Standards based, research based, and teacher tested!
· Teacher Guides (plan book that details pre and post curriculum activities; Coming 2015-2016 school year)
· On-site Module (program begins at 9:00AM-1:30PM with built in lunch break)
· Materials Kit (Coming 2015-2016 school year)
If you have questions about our programming contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-754-1569
v Teacher Guides (Available 2015-2016 school year)
- Ø Each teacher guide includes:
- Ø Lesson Plans
- Ø Teacher Background Information
- Ø Assessment Tools
- Ø $50-$75 per teacher; pricing discounts available for multiple sets. See individual Teacher guide for pricing details. Teacher guides offer
v Materials Kits (Available 2015-2016 school year)
- Ø Enough materials for a class of 30 students
- Ø Materials Kits price varies by module
v Programming at Patterson Science Center
- Ø Extended Day Programming $13 (become a nature enthusiast by exploring the trails of PSC OR challenge your team of students by completing our low ropes course) Added to on-site modules
- Ø 1 on-site visit $8 per student
- Ø 2 on-site visits $6 per student
- Ø 3 or more on-site visit $5 per student
- Ø Two-four chaperones are needed per visit. Parents are welcome; however space is limited so please call ahead if more than 10 parents are attending with the class visit.