TO MAKE UP A MISSING JOURNAL ENTRY CHOOSE ANY FIVE OF THE FOLLOWING ENTRIES. 4TH PERIOD WRITE 100 WORDS, 1ST AND 2ND WRITE 50 WORDS.
1. Write about the positive and negative effects that tv has on children
2. Write about a time when you had to be honest even though you might get in trouble
3. Write about a time when you were tricked or tricked someone
4. May have one free write per week
5. Have you ever had to sacrifice something for someone you loved? Explain.
6. Define what integrity means to you
7. What do you need from me in order to improve your writing
8. Is it better to live happily in a lie, than to live miserably in the truth, explain
9. Write about a troublesome issue that you face a lot as a teenager
10. Define the term family and explain
11. Why do people hate, explain.
12. Who is the most important person in your life & why?
13. Write about your first day of high school, how was it different from the first day of kindergarten?
14. Define the term ability
15. What do you think of when you hear the word "giant"?
16. "Love is magic, but sometimes love can be illusion."Javan. Explain the meaning of this quote and give an example that illustrates your point
17."If we'd stop trying to be happy, we'd have a pretty good time." Edith Wharton. Explain the meaning of the quote and give an example to illustrate your explanation.
18. Describe what true beauty is.
19. How does television affect people's lives?
20. Most people say that only what is on the inside really counts. Do you think they really believe this or do they just say it to not look shallow?
21. What would you change about your looks? If anything. Explain.
22. Describe your ideal boy/girl friend.
23. Write about a time when someone's looks decieved you.
24. Describe true love.
25. Is it possible to love someone you have never met before?
26. Can you truly love someone and lie to them at the same time?
27. What is more important in the long run, looks or wit? Explain.
28. Write down everything you already know about the Holocaust.
29. Why do wars begin?
30. Do you have any stereotypes? any prejudices? be honest.
31. What would you bring with you if you taken away from your home and could bring only one item? Explain your answer.
32. Write about about what you did over spring break.
33. Could something like the Holocaust happen in today's society?
34.Why was everyone so willing to follow Hitler?
35. Could someone like Hitler gain power in the modern society?
36. If a Holocaust happened again what group of people do you think would be the target and why?
37. write a six line poem about your day
38. write a ten line poem about state testing
39. If you knew you were being banished to an igloo for the rest of your life what five things would you bring with you(water, clothes, food willbe provided)
40. Recount a day from the point of view of the last substitute teacher you had.
41. What qualities do you think make a good journalist?
42. How would you react if your home had been destroyed by hurricane Katrina?
43. Do you watch the evening news or read the newspaper? Why or why not?
44. Write about a time when you treated someone badly.
45. Fear: "You can discover what your enemy fears by observing the means he uses to frighten you." Eric Hoffer explain the quote, then give an example that illustrates your explanation.
46. Fitting In: "I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." Explain the quote and give an example that backs up your explanation.
47. If you could be either invisible or fly which would you choose and why?
48. How can Language! help you with your English skills?
49. Do you think beautiful people have it easier in life?
50. Imagine that you have been thrown into prison. Write the first 100 words of a memoir you will write about your time in prison.
51. Imagine you live in a place where is snow constantly and temperatures are often below zero. Write a letter to a friend describing your day.
52. Write about something that has happened at school that you think is very newsworthy.
53. what does it mean to be grateful?
54. what is the most important thing you have learned in high school?
55. write about a journey you have faced in your own life.
56. what was your greatest accomplishment this week?
57. what goals do you have for next week, and what can YOU do to reach those goals?
58. what characteristics make a good hero?
59. how has the image of the ideal hero changed?
60. how does the media shape the views and opinions of the people?
61. what influence does the media have on teens?
62. write about the most important person in your life.
63. where will you be in ten years?