(Prepared and Wonderful Students)
This year your child will be using a P.A.W.S. Binder. P.A.W.S. stands for Prepared and Wonderful Students. The purpose of this binder is to help your child stay organized as they grow and learn responsibility. Your child needs to bring the binder home nightly and bring it back every morning. Below, you will find a brief description of each section of the binder.
- Folder Right Pocket (Read and if needed Return to School): These are the important notes section. Anything that needs to be brought to your attention will be in this pocket. Place signed sheets back in this section. Homework can be placed in this side as well to return to school.
- Folder Left Pocket (Keep at home): Newsletters, notes, and graded papers that need to remain at home.
- Money/Notes: Please place any money sent to school in an envelope labeled with reason sending and your child's name. Please place in the Return to School side of the folder. Examples of things to place in this side of folder are: scholastic money, permission forms, and office notes such as doctor appointments, early dismissal notes, etc.
- Class Schedule: If updated during the year, students will receive a new copy.
- Multiplication Fact Sheet
- D'nealian cursive example sheet
- Planner: Please leave this in your child’s binder. We will write any homework, important info, or notes in this planner. It is yet another way we can communicate between home and school.
- Lower Creek Behavior Expectations Copy
- Take the P.A.W.S. Binder home with you each night and bring it to school with you each day.
- Share the P.A.W.S binder with your parents each night.
- Have your parents initial or sign planner each night. (this is your responsibility; not your parents).
- Remove papers from the "Keep at Home" section of the Communication Folder each night.
- Treat the P.A.W.S. Binder with respect. Keep it clean and organized.