Driver's Ed Instructor Name: Toni Oseni
Please email the Driver's Education Instructor if you have any questions.
Driver Education Coordinator hours are: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. M-F.
If no one answers please leave a voicemail.
South Caldwell High School front office number: 828-396-2188
Caldwell County Driver Education Information
- North Carolina Driving School registration will open 3 weeks (21 days) prior to each class.
- Students must be 14.5 years of age before the start of class
- Saturday and summer class time from 8:00 am - 2:30 pm (5 days) and have no make-up times
Driver Eligibility Certificates (DEC’s)
- Please make an appointment with the DMV before DEC pick-up
To obtain your permit from DMV you must have the following:
- Driver's Education Certificate (obtain from driving instructor)
- Certified copy of your birth certificate (obtain from the register of deeds)
- Social Security card
- Parent must sign the application for permit at the DMV
Please call the coordinator to set up an appointment. Parents should bring Course completion certificate, copy of birth certificate and social security card.
Driver Education consists of a 30 hour class and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction. Students will drive oldest to youngest after completion of the class.
Student must be 14 ½ by the first day of class. A copy of the student’s birth certificate should be brought to the first day of class to prove age requirement.
Students can register for classes at: ncdrivingschool.com two weeks prior to the first day of class. Look for “Online registration” then click on “Register Now.” Then click on Caldwell County and select your school. There is no fee for Driver Education in Caldwell County.
South Caldwell High school has a Driver Education Coordinator who can be reached through the South Caldwell front office. Ask for Drivers Ed.
**Home school students: Homeschool students can take Driver Education for free at the nearest Caldwell County High School. Home schoolers will need a copy of their home school registration card for proof of home school on the first day of the classroom.
**Home school students will need to send for Driver Eligibility Certificate (DEC) thru their online school. It cannot be obtained thru a Caldwell County High School.