Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Coach Smith and I will be teaching your child physical education. During our time away from school (March 23rd-May 15th) please sign-in to Coach Haney/Coach Smith's google classroom for daily lessons. Google classroom codes have been sent out via email for each grade level. Hope everyone stays safe and can't wait to see the students back in school!
Below are some simple fitness exercises to remain fit during our time away from school (March 23-May 15)
> Make up your own stretch routine involving your arms and legs. Hold each stretch for 10 seconds. Do each stretch multiple times if desired. You should do this daily.
10 daily exercises to help maintain fitness. Pick 4 exercises. Example: you selected planks, push-ups, lunges, and squats. Do 3 rounds of each exercise (about a 20 minute workout) Try to rotate different exercises everyday.
1. Planks (hold for 10 to 15 seconds, 5 sets)
2. Planks but on your hands and toes (hold for 10 to 15 seconds, 5 sets)
3. Push-ups (5 to 10 at a time, 5 sets)
4. Squats (3 to 5 sets of 10)
5. Mountain Climbers (3 to 5 sets of 10)
6. Lunges (3 to 5 sets of 10)
7. Jump Squats (3 to 5 sets of 10)
8. Calf Raises (5 sets of 20)
9. Sit-ups or Crunches (3 to 5 sets of 25)
10. 6 inches (scissors, flutter kicks) hold for a 10 or 15 second count
Don't be afraid to go outside and get a good run or walk in each day as well.